Signing Undertakings as a Sponsor
While applying as a sponsor, you must undertake the mandatory responsibility to:
- Provide basic life requirements like food, shelter, clothing and more to the sponsored immigrants
- Aid the healthcare requirements, including dental and eye health, of the sponsored relatives
- Ensure that the sponsored immigrants will not become dependent on Canadian public welfare
In case, the sponsor is not financially stable to fulfill these needs, the undertakings can be co-signed by the sponsored relative (valid only if the relative is a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner). Legal procedures may be invoked against sponsors who fail to abide by the terms and conditions mentioned in the undertakings.
Who Can Be Sponsored?
The following close relatives can be sponsored under different Canadian family sponsorships programs:
- Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
- Dependent children
- Brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, grandchildren, provided that they are below 18 years, orphaned and unmarried
- Adopted children who are under 18 years
- Any other relative, only if the sponsor has none of the above-listed relatives and no relative living as a citizen or permanent resident in Canada
- An additional option is Super Visa for parents and grandparents that allow multiple entries (with staying limit of up to 2 years on every visit) for 10 years
The Application Procedure
To begin with, you must apply to become a sponsor and the relative you wish to sponsor must apply for Canadian permanent residence. It must be noted that both the applications must be sent to Canadian Immigration Case Processing Centre at the same time. There are some important documents that must be attached with each of these applications.
ECC Visa has helped hundreds of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to get through the Family Sponsorships application process successfully. Here’s how we can help:
- Evaluating eligibility criterions both for the sponsor and the sponsored relatives
- Fill in the applications to significantly reduce the chances of refusal or rejection
- Guide about every minute detail about the latest amendments in immigrations laws
- Preparation of all important documents
- Assistance in preparations to receive the sponsored relatives and their easy settlement
Contact us today for any help or query related to family sponsorships and we would help you in any possible manner.