The Permanent worker can also be termed as a permanent resident of Canada, who has achieved such status by immigration to Canada. One important point to note here is that a permanent resident is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent resident status is given to citizens of other countries.
The temporary workers who are already working in Canada can apply for permanent residence to become permanent workers. An individual should have lived in Canada for a minimum of 3 to 5 years, to be eligible to become a permanent resident.
Few programs under which a temporary worker can apply to become a permanent worker are as follows:
- Express Entry System: Under this system, the candidates having the best qualification and skills are ranked together and based on such ranking, permanent residency is allotted to the workers.
- Canadian Experience Class Program: This program is governed by Express Entry System. The temporary worker has to meet the minimum requirements to be eligible to become a permanent resident under this program. This program issues permanent residency to workers in skilled employment category.
- Quebec Experience Class Program: If a temporary worker is willing to settle down in the province of Quebec, then he can apply for permanent resident status under this program.
- Professional and Skilled Workers Program: Under this program, the applicant having work skills or any professional qualification can apply for permanent resident status for him and his family.
How Can We Help You
We at ECC Visa hold good experience and expertise in the entire immigration process. So if you are planning to work in Canada, we can ease out the entire process of obtaining a work permit, permanent resident status in Canada, etc.
ECC Visa is a Canadian immigration consulting firm that offers advice, assistance and services pertaining to smooth and hassle-free immigration to Canada. Starting as a student immigration consultant way back in 2006, we have evolved to become a leading consultancy firm focusing on family sponsorships, permanent residence, visitor visa, Canadian citizenship and several other areas.
Why Choose Us
- Over A Decade Of Experience
- Deep Knowledge of Canadian Education & Job Market
- Hundreds of Satisfied Client Base
- Multiple Languages – English, Hindi, Punjabi & Urdu
- Committed & Dedicated Immigration Professionals
What Client’s Say
Jagpal Sir was great help in explaining the process and helping me prepare for my application and getting admission in my dream college. Highly recommended!!